I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Dec 12, 2022

Going Natural with Miracle Salve

Hi there,

Is anyone else feeling like you’d just like to get back to basics? I know I do. I’ve looked at the ingredient lists in cosmetics and creams & lotions and decided I’m going to make my own from now on whenever I can. 

I bought a few books in the spring on herbal recipes and benefits of natural remedies. Since I used to make soap, I’m familiar with the benefits of essential oils, but not as familiar with herbs, teas and other helpful remedies. 

In the spring I made an antihistamine cream, an eye serum and an oil for cooling hot flashes.


I wrote out the uses for it on the backs so wouldn’t have to remember.

Then recently I made this Miracle Salve. I’ll show you that and if you’d like to try to make your own, see Kelly at Primally Inspired for the recipe and those cute little labels. 


Here’s what Kelly has to say about this cream:

“It works wonders for dry hands and feet. Just rub some on your hands and feet before you go to bed, let the nourishing ingredients work their magic when you are sleeping and you’ll wake up with baby soft skin. It’s that good. You can use this homemade salve for hands, feet, face, elbows, even lips! Heck, I even use it for my dog’s paws. In the cold, harsh winter months when I need extra moisturizer to combat dry skin, I use it as my nightly face cream – I love this stuff so much!”

I agree with Kelly. I’ve used it for a couple of days and can feel a difference already!

In my recipe, I chose to use avocado oil and shea butter for the base oils. I used Frankincense, Peppermint (2 drops) and Lavender (7 drops) for my essential oils, and 10 drops of the frankincense because of its awesome properties. 

Frankincense oil reduces redness and skin irritation and reduces inflammation. It reduces the appearance of wrinkles and combats signs of aging. Studies found that it strengthens the skins elasticity and tightens it. That’s just for skin use, there are many other benefits as well. 

If you decide to make this amazing salve, do brush up on your essential oils. As an example, Frankincense should not be used on pregnant women and Peppermint should be used sparingly on skin. There are so many oils you can choose from for your own combination of oils. 

This recipe made two 4 ounce containers. 

Thanks again to Kelly from Primally Inspired for the recipe.

Blessings,

Carmen

4 comments:

  1. That sounds intriguing - my daughter has just had a major brush with cancer, so is definitely looking at more natural cremes, lotions etc. Thank you
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Maxine, I’m so sorry to hear that! I hope she’s doing better now, and yes, natural is the way to go!❤️❤️❤️

      Delete
  2. Carmen, may I please ask what the 'Antihistamine Cream' is used for? I have Histamine Intolerance, and am curious if that may help me. Thanks so much -- I'm very intrigued by your various talents & skills! Chris in Calgary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, I’ll link up the page I got the recipe from as she explains some detail regarding the use.
      https://www.happy-mothering.com/antihistamine-balm-natural-allergy-relief/

      Hope that helps some, and thank you for the nice compliment!😊

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!