Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Aug 22, 2021

Stamperia Cosmos Cards (5)

I hope you liked my Little Book of Hope ! As promised, here are a few cards I made with the rest of the 8X 8 Stamperia Cosmos pad. I still have lots of papers left, some of which will be used for the inside of the cards. 

(1)



I inked the edges of all five cards with Distress ink and then painted the edges haphazardly with a bit of gold acrylic paint to start. 

To this card I added a metallic star clip, some hemp cord and a couple of old flowers from my stash, fastened with a brass colored brad.

I also added brads to the corners of the bottom paper.

The top two papers were attached using dbl sided tape.

 I intentionally used masculine elements on most, but this card could be gifted to both men or women. 

(2)



Here again you see bits of the gold acrylic paint on the edges of the card. 

I started by adhering the top two layers with dbl sided tape and then used the foam tape underneath for dimension. 

Colored hemp cord was wrapped around it with a bow. 

You’ll note that I curled over the top corner of the third layer and attached it with a metal brad. I adhered some little sprigs meant for inside flowers underneath to add some interest. 

I adhered it all to the fourth layer.

The butterfly is one of my signature embellishments. In fact, a friend has butterflies pop up on her screen whenever I message her. Lol. 

I had some loosely weaved blue “ribbon” given to me a while back. I took small amounts of that and placed it below the bottom layer here and there. You can just barely see it in the top photo. 

(3)



Again, inking and gold paint on the edges. 

Having just bought some leaf rub-ons, I decided to add them to the bottom layer of this card.

I v-cut and roughed up a couple of spots on the edge of this layer also. Using a poker I made some holes and weaved hemp cord through them for a decorative element. Behind the openings I taped some darker papers with embellishment tape. This helps keep the cord in place as well. 

Using dbl sided tape I adhered the top two layers together after roughing up the black card stock a bit. I like that look on men’s cards. 

Finally I added more gold paint to the top layer and to the leaves to complete this card. 

(4)



I inked and painted the edges. On the bottom layer I rubbed on some distressed edges I have in my stash, then put it aside for a bit.

I cut a moon from another paper in the pad, inked it, attached foam and put it aside. 

The next two layers were adhered together with dbl sided tape, and then it was all attached in place. 

I wasn’t quite happy with it so added the metal corners with embellishment tape, and then added the adhesive tan colored pearls which had been in my stash forever! Then it was done. 

(5)




Lastly, and probably the quickest of the lot was this card. 

The sentiment was included in the pad, so I cut it out, and backed it with black card stock. They were inked and painted with the gold. 

The main panel was backed with some paper out of the pad, and also inked and painted. On the top left I added a little hinge embellishment. I believe it’s Close to my Heart. 

I had a large vine which I placed first, then added the main panel with foam tape. I placed the sentiment with foam tape also

Then, two flowers I had in my stash and it was complete.

This one is more feminine, I would say.

*********

That’s all five of my cards from the Stamperia Cosmos paper pad, plus a booklet, and there’s papers left. Quite a few, actually. 

The nice thing about this paper pad is that if you’re stretched for time, you can make a very quick card that looks impressive without the additional embellishments and techniques. 

I’ve bought a few paper pads recently from Stamperia and Ciao Bella. I think there will be more cards in my near future! 

Thanks for stopping by and please say hello below if you have the time!

Blessings, 
Carmen

BRUTALLY HONEST SLOGANS





4 comments:

  1. What wonderful cards Carmen - love the grungy elements with the distressing and gold edges! That is one fabulous paper pack.
    The slogan made me smile.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely, and use the Cosmos images I have not seem elsewhere (everyone uses the wolf and owl).
    You have certainly given me some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!