Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Nov 1, 2020

Seagull's Paradise Sew Along, Block 2

Hi All! 

Hope you are all doing great! In the last post I mentioned that I am participating in a Sew-Along through Suzy's Sitcom. 

Every month she releases a new block free for one month, and eventually you end up with a quilt! Last week I showed you the first block which was a hoot to do. I finally completed block 2 today, so I'll post that first. This one had so many small pieces. Oh my goodness, and they all have to be laid down in a particular order, so I decided to mostly machine quilt this one instead of turn them and sew manually. I added veins to the leaves, but I just realized that this photo was taken before I added that. Still pretty cute.


I added some details to the first block just for fun. Not sure about the glasses yet, but like the hat, bow tie and extra hair (feathers?). 


I'm having a hard time getting the coloring right because I don't have good lighting right now.

My next block will look something like this. Not a great picture, but you get the idea. If you want to see a better picture of it, go to Suzy's Sitcom. This block is free until November 23. A new block will be posted on November 24.


I'm excited to start on this block. It will be a challenge because I've never done quilt pieces on such a small scale. It will be interesting to see what it looks like. I may have to do it a few times before I get it right. I'm still looking forward to it.

I also bought some cute fabric online the other day. There are 2 more FQ's, but these are the ones that I really wanted and bought the set for. I think I can do something fun with these. The other pieces of fabric are actual kittens and cats and I'm sure I can make pillows are something for my granddaughters out of them. But these two are going to be fun to play with - -


I just love these two fabrics. So fun. The one below can be used as is, or cut up into squares and used on card fronts. I'm sure I can think of something to do with it. It's also a fat quarter.


It looks like I have lots to do for the next little while. In addition I have a fabric paper project in mind for down the road. I'm also working on a Crochet hat for this years Cancer Challenge. But a girl can only do so much at a time and get it all finished. I can't donate anything right now anyway, so the crochet can wait.

Well, have a good week!

Blessings,
Carmen




6 comments:

  1. These are super cute. I like the glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow - such gorgeous work and fabulous materials.
    I LUV the seagull glasses and hat :-D :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous blocks Carman - yay for machine quilting :). Love the seagull with the glasses - that's such fun!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colors. Nice handiwork. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!