I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Feb 3, 2019

Squirrelly Observations

Hello,

I recently found a blog called Grammy's Grid that was having a link up party. I linked a couple of my posts and joined her facebook page. Then a post came up on FB that I thought looked interesting. I don't do much writing here, but have done some creative writing on my inspirational blog. I'll link some of my writings from that blog below if you're interested. 

Anyway, I decided to play along with Grammy's Grid today. It's called a Short Story Promt. 

Here's the outline: 

Start with the partial sentence
Create a short story by adding to the sentence
Post the story on your blog
Add your post to their linkup

Squirrelly Observations
                                                                                                              Source: Lovethegarden.com

A woman sitting alone on a park bench hears something that makes her look up from her phone. The sound of frantic peeping and crackling dry leaves could be heard coming from the base of a large tree that bordered the walkway were she sat. Curious, she looked around wondering what the commotion was all about. Then she noticed two little squirrels actively fighting. Totally unaware of their audience, they performed crazy acrobats in mid air as she looked on. 

One had a nut, the other wanted it. 

Amused, she watched them for a few moments. Finally one scrambled up the tree as the other gave chase, knocking the first one down a few feet. It sat up in the midst of a bed of leaves, a bit dazed it shook its furry little head and quickly ran away, an acorn still firmly planted in its mouth. Watching it scamper away, the other little fellow recognizing that nothing comes easy, leaped down the tree to forage for its own nuts. 

The woman chuckled. It was time to whip together some dinner for a couple of active little munchkins of her own. 'Maybe some stew would be nice' she thought, as she tucked away the phone that was still in her hands, got up and strode towards home in the fresh autumn air. 

The End.

As promised, here are a few links to some other writing I've done. 



That's it for today. I hope you enjoyed my little story. If you enjoy writing, maybe join me and check out Grammy's Grid and write your own short story with her prompts. 

Blessings~
Carmen

8 comments:

  1. Cute story! I smiled when I read "a bit dazed it shook its furry little head and quickly ran away" as I could just see it happening! Thanks Carmen for joining in on the short story prompt link party ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely short story - and love the moral that you have included - nothing comes easily!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the moral of the story...nothing comes easy and do for yourself. Hard work and doing for yourself is better than a handout any day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carmen, what a cute story, with a great point! Nothing is easy. I love these story prompt posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!