I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Aug 8, 2017

Sleep Tight Teddy Bear Blanket

It's finally done! 

And I am so happy with the way it turned out! This blanket is for the newest addition to our family, Bristen Erick. 

I highly recommend this pattern as it was easy to follow. I was not familiar with all the stitches and hesitated to purchase it, but I'm so glad I did. The instructions were easy to follow. The end result was an adorable, beautifully textured baby blanket. 

I would have made the lovey, but I ran out of time!






The original pattern was by Christins, from My Sweet Potato 3, and the pattern name is My Sweet Teddy Bear Set on Ravelry. It includes the Lovey. 

I hope you all had an amazing weekend! Now onto the rest of the week! 

Blessings,
Carmen

18 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing, I shall keep this post in case my daughter manages to have another baby. It would be perfect. Thanks again for sharing and well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest baby blanket EVER! I do hope you will enter it in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. It is perfect. http://2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.ca/
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's not a card though- doesn't that matter?

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous blanket - stunning texture and I love the wee faces :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! This is the cutest blanket EVER! Love your teddy bears, and the brilliant colors! I am envious that your fingers created such magic. So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Thanks for joining us, and we hope to see more of your pretty creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
    Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is incredible, Carmen! What fabulous little teddies. I'm so glad you took Teresa's suggestion and entered it into our "Anything Goes" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. We get lots of card entries but we are truly an "Anything Goes" challenge and we love to see projects of all kinds as long as they feature a creature of some kind. This one is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is just super cute! I love teddies... ! Sweeeeeeeeeeet :-)

    Thanks for playing along with this 2 Crafty Critters Crazies Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs
    Doris
    *GDT* 2CraftyCritterCrazies
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#8 – Birthday (Summer kids are the best))
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten

    ReplyDelete
  7. can anyone tell me the name of the background stitch? it looks like a great texture stitch that i'd like to add in a blanket i'm making for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! She never does name the stitch, and I don't know what it's called either. It may be an original stitch?

      Delete
  8. Is this pattern available for someone who knits? Thanks!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, As far as I can tell, it is only available as a crochet pattern. The link is in the post.

      Delete
  9. How did you determine the sizes for the bears’ heads? I am following this pattern now and they’re too big for the width of the blanket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I just followed the pattern. I’m sure you could leave off a row or two of crochet since you’re working in the round.

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!