I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jun 29, 2016

Brush and Palette Knife Attempts

Hello!

One of the interesting things about learning how to paint is that I'm also learning to slow down and enjoy the process. 

I actually had no idea how hurried my mind was and it's an amazing feeling to take time and immerse myself in the now! 

It's been freeing!

Here are the next three paintings I've done. The first is a Modern Abstract. It is my third painting. The original was on a Youtube video. While I'm learning, I'm just copying the technique.


I absolutely loved making this one. Definitely a style I love and I will make more! 

The next one is Modern Impressionism. This is my fourth painting.



I'm not sure if I'm overly happy with this one, but I'm just learning. 

I also tried a different technique on a 5x7 canvas. I'm not happy with this one, but wanted to try. Technically though, it's my fifth painting.


The hardest part of painting is knowing when you're done. So I played a bit more with the last one. Not sure if it's better, but I prefer it!

Well, that's all for now! Hope you're enjoying my creative journey!

Blessings!
Carmen

While I'm learning, I've copied as my inspiration from:
Painting with Jane, A Walk in the Rain / Osnat, Reflection / Robert Jurisich, layering technique

10 comments:

  1. I think you are doing a wonderful job! Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I will keep trying and hopefully get better! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow. I love the style that is shining through in these paintings. Actually, my favourite is the one you didn't like that much. It puts me in mind of city traffic on a very rainy day. I could imagine seeing this in a gallery if it were on a larger canvas. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGoodness! You see it! No one here could tell what it was. I'm so glad you see it and thank you so much for the compliment! :)

      Delete
  3. All are terrific Carmen and it is so good to hear you enjoying doing this

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see the different stiles in the paintings. I specialy love the first and the second one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not sure which style I prefer, and to be honest, I get bored easily, so maybe variety is good!

      Delete
  5. You strike me as not only talented but a versatile artist - these are all unique and striking. I love that top one in particular
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much! I like variety- with all the different paint types and mediums, it should keep me playing!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!