I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jan 8, 2016

Quick Cards and Vintage/Steampunk MM Art Pieces.

I had some birthdays coming up in January. These cards came together very quickly and were easy to make. I have decided that there's value in making quick cards for those who don't have enough love for handmade items to keep them. They still get a nice handmade card, but I haven't spend hours on it! It's a win - win situation!

This card was made with Bo Bunny Enchanted Collection. The Orange papers came from MME Haunted. I had some little frames that I haven't used, so I decided to use one for the sentiment, just for something different.  I was in a hurry so I just wrote the sentiment in by hand. As you can see, I also put some flags on the envelope. The extra little touches make it look like a little more thought was put into it.




This next card is for a grandson in his tweens. It's another quick card I threw together. I used Bo Bunny Timepiece Collection for all the papers.



The little timepiece in the corner came from B'Sue Boutiques. It's actually a vintage jewelry supply type of place, but they had some neat stuff and some of it would make up great steampunk or mixed media art.  I'm only sharing because I like this stuff and I thought maybe you'd be interested in it too. Check it out...

I love these little bottles with dice in them!! Great on a little necklace, or ?

The middle timepiece is the one I used on the card above.
The spinners spin!

The little compasses move! The clock is actually a button.

So you can get an idea of the size....I bought these some time ago, but I'm sure she'll have a lot of them in her shop today as these things are timeless. 

That's all for today. 
Blessings,
Carmen



3 comments:

  1. Cute cards and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those metal embellishments are really cool, Carmen. Your cards look as nice as if they had taken hours to make.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa! The bo bunny papers are so good to work with. They give simple cards some substance!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!