I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Oct 25, 2015

Birthday's, Baby Showers and Dancing Bags

It's always nice when we can visit our son and his family in Fort McMurray, Alberta. It was our granddaughter's third birthday. I can't believe she's three already and I'm grateful for the times we can spend with this family of seven. We took a plane this time which shortens the trip considerably. It's a 14-16 hour drive from our place which we can no longer do in a day. Flying is stressful but a whole lot quicker.


This adorable cake was made by a good friend of theirs. Isn't it amazing!! It was a Sofia the First Birthday Party theme.


They are such a fun, loving and happy family! We thoroughly enjoy the time we have with them and spend lots of time relaxing. Often we played in the little kitchen my son made for her. Yes, we went to the (pretend) grocery store with her little shopping cart. I stocked shelves (chairs and tables) and she picked up her groceries. Then we put them away in the kitchen and she started cooking. We pretend ate everything. It was yummy and a lot of fun. I made her a little apron with oven mitts to add to her gift. 


It's not a great picture, but you get the just of it. I made it using this free pattern: "Toddler Apron & Toy Oven Mitt" by Peekaboo Pages. It was an easy pattern to put together and I love the elastic gathered neckstrap. I also used waterproof PUL fabric. Here's a photo of her wearing it.


When we got back home, my other son and his pregnant wife were here. She is due the third week of November, but her mom was early with her babies, and the Doc said she may be too. Anyway, she had been to a Baby Shower on the Island and was looking for some thank you cards. I pulled out some extra pages we made for a baby album (Special Delivery Baby Album by Laura Dennison). and we decided they worked great as cards as well. 


The one on the right opens up and it fits in the baby sleeping bag it's lying on top of (See below). I also had some fancy envelopes lying around. Perfect! Cute thank you cards! 

I just realized that I had another item to show you that I made this summer for my other granddaughter. She takes dance lessons, so I made her a dance bag with My Little Pony fabric.

I used the Bon Voyage Duffel Bag pattern and Tutorial by Cheryl from Sew Can Do. It was a fairly easy pattern as well and fun to make! 



You can tell by comparing it to my ironing board that it's fairly large. She's four years old, and although she's quite tall, she looks pretty cute hauling it around. 

Well, that's about all I have for you today. If you'd like to check out my Facebook Page, I just added a cute little freebie on there that would be great for Christmas cards. Click on Beyond The Fringe FB.

Also, if you're into the End Times, check out my last post on the Bubbling Springs Blog, The Four Horsemen of Revelation, Color Study.

Have a good week! 

Blessings,
Carmen

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these precious memories with us. What darling party decorations and I want that princess cake - so pretty.

    I love the apron and oven mitt set you made for your granddaughter. How very sweet. The dance bag an baby shower TY cards are fabulous too.

    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun and love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Birthday celebration the apron & mitt are just too cute .....Those cards are precious :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!