I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Dec 15, 2014

Peek A Boo's, Handstitched Fun!

With a little more than a week until Christmas, I am scurrying about getting things done. The truth is, my tree isn't decorated, my house isn't decorated and only a few of my gifts are wrapped! 

What have I been doing? Well, mostly just making things. I love to make things! 

Also, I have a tendency to put everything aside when I get company, and I get a lot of company all the time. My motto is 'people first.' 

Yes, that's my motto.   I love my motto.   It's a good motto. BUT...

It makes my life very unpredictable. As a result, I go, go, go just in case I don't get things done, done, done! Somehow it works for me. Honestly though....after Christmas I am taking a bit of a break just to do nothing for as long as I can. Anyone that knows me is rolling their eyes right now and having a little chuckle to themselves and thinking "as if."

I'm still going to try. 

I have 3 more projects to complete before Christmas and I'll show them to you as soon as it's safe to do so. 

I will show you some more of my Peek a Boo Pals by Gingermelon. Since they're for my little granddaughters, I know I don't have to worry about them seeing them ahead of time. 

I didn't actually purchase the pattern for the little ladybug but made my own up using the pattern of 4 that I bought. I've made 6 of these, so after a while you get the just of it. 

I actually love that the pigtails are crooked on my little ladybug.


This little owl one is cute. One of my granddaughters has an owl theme going on in her room. 


Did I mention these are all hand-stitched? They're about 6" high. Adorable!

Here's the whole crew of them. Sorry it's a bit fuzzy....


I found some make up bags at the Dollar Store. I got 2 packs of 3 bags. The inside ones were cute patterned bags. The biggest one held the other two and was clear with a little bow on it. Perfect! 


I still have 4 bags to play with. Maybe I'll make some clothes for these little guys and send them up one day. Just for the fun of it! 

Well, back to cutting, wrapping, decorating, sewing and, well, eating dinner.

Have a good week everyone!

Carmen

6 comments:

  1. Those are sooo cute! I bet they will love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful for any age.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Pals are adorable Carmen! Each is stitched by hand, and the some of the pieces are very tiny! Don't know how you do everything! Amazing lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carmen, way too adorable. I admire your dedication. That is a lot of love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!