I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Sep 10, 2012

Wanna Know What I've Been Up To?

Hi there,

If you've been wondering where I've been.....here's a photo! It was taken in Tofino.


I've been away for two weeks on holidays. We went to Ainsworth natural Hot Springs first. It has a natural cave from which the water comes and flows into the cave, and then into the pools. While sitting in the hot pools you're overlooking a large lake and beautiful mountains. 

It's especially incredible in the Spring or Fall, when the weather is a bit cooler. The pools have a lovely mist floating over the water, and the mountains have snow on them. It's just beautiful!!

Here is a photo of the view from the road...I don't have a photo of the pools and the mountains (didn't want to bring a camera in).
We also went to Long Beach on Vancouver Island. This beach is huge, and there's no words to describe it short of majestic. One part has gorgeous sand on it with mounds of drift wood and shells. Surfers are all over the crashing waters. 

Another part has little rocks, shells and driftwood everywhere. Here there are also large rocks coming out of the waters, so it's not a great spot for the surfers, but beaufitul nonetheless. 

We visited with lots of family on the Island, plus I met up with my oldest friend. She recently found me on FB, and got a hold of me. It had been over 25 years. She managed the Tofino Inlet Cottages and House that we stayed at. What an incredible place, and the scenery...GORGEOUS!!

Blessings,
Carmen

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful place to visit. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was incredible! Such wild nature...just breathtaking! Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, that is Gorgeous! Thank you for posting the video; the sound of the ocean and the view were so beautiful! So glad you had a great time and got to send family and an old friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was much needed! Thanks so much for watching! :)

      Delete
  3. Wish I could have been there, what a beautiful place....do you know of a hotel there that has all glass windows facing the ocean. It's on the edge of the cliffs I believe. I saw it online once, and could never find it again. You could watch the big liners go past while you had your shower. Happy for you that you got to meet your oldest friend again....I know how that feels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds wonderful Maureen! There were other houses on the property as well, some on a cliff, but they weren't rentals. My girlfriend might know where it is. If you want to know, I can ask her for you...:)

      Delete
  4. Wow Carmen, sounds like a great vacation! I have always wanted to go to Tofino....have been to the Island but never Tofino! Thanks for sharing your pictures!
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures. I miss living in the NW, where I grew up. Now living in TX and don't know if it will ever feel like home. I imagine that Heaven will be lot like the NW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!