I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jul 29, 2011

Charleston Thank You

Today I have a card for you. I am making a few more cards for my son to give to some people who have generously helped him out while he was counseling at a camp this summer. He asked me to make them a couple of weeks ago, so I asked him for a deadline...because otherwise I procrastinate. (insert sheepish grin here)

Anyway, this one was made using the Curtain Call papers from Graphic 45. I love Graphic 45 papers. I'm not a designer, and I haven't applied to be one, but I promote these papers because they are just so versatile, and the quality is exceptional!! Anyhoo......

I applied some Glossy Accents to the record album to give it some shine, and then went over the black piano keys with black stickles for some sparkle! One of the layers was black embossed.
 I bought the clear Thank You embellishment from the dollar store, and attached it to some music note paper using Glossy Accents. 
Here's the inside.  I'll be adding a mat in the center for him to write on.
 I should mention the black pearl flourishes I put over the front. I thought they kind of mimicked the dance movement and helped finish the card off.
Well, that's my card. I'll be doing a couple more which I'll share soon.
Thanks for visiting!
Blessings,
Carmen

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card with amazing accents!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful period card with lots of movement. Great glossy details--not to be glossed over ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card! The black flourishes are perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!