I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jun 23, 2011

Timepiece Thanks, and Wall Decor

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had an unfortunate incident while visiting family recently and ended up in Emergency for stitches on my face. I thank God that I had an excellent doctor and am on the mend. Since it was so recent, I look terrible right now, but "these things take time!" (to copy the slogan from the Rice Krispie commercial). Lol...

A-ny-waaaayyyy.....

I decided to make up a couple of thank you cards, one particularly for this sweet Doctor that helped me, talked to me, and made me feel cared for!

I should have moved the envelopes from the backgrounds, but I forgot and just don't feel like redoing the photo. Sorry!

These were fun to make and so easy to put together using the new Bo Bunny "Timepiece" paper pack. I used my "Clockworks" folder to emboss some of the paper, and then fussy cut them and put them on the front in layers, two with pop dots.
The bird is from Maya Roads "Birds w/Cages Mini Chipboard Set."  I can't tell you how happy I am with this little set. It comes with 2 cages and several birds and wings. I had so much fun making them.
I've had the sugar brads for a while. Still wishing I'd bought more at the time!

Anyhow, there's two simple cards, easy to make and fun to put together thanks to Bo Bunny! Did I mention that I recently bought the "Gabrielle Collection" from Bo Bunny? Can't wait to use it!!!

I also wanted to include a wall frame in this post that my sister Izzy made for her new bedroom. It's showcasing a photo of her and her husband and their son. I really like what she did here. It's simple, casual, yet classy!

I love the background papers, the flourishes, the heart charm, dragonflies and those beautiful flowers!! I wish I had a close up on some of the detail for you, but if you click on the picture, you get a better idea. It really is just lovely! Thanks Izzy, for sharing!

Well, that's all for now...

Hope you have a nice day!
Blessings,
Carmen

1 comment:

  1. Two lovely thank you cards, love the shimmer of the card stock really nice, and the wall hanging is beautiful.Lovely photo, and the details are gorgeous.
    Hope you are feeling better..nasty business.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!