I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Feb 5, 2011

Soar, Dream, Live...and Ride!

As promised, I will be showing you some cards the next little while. It's funny, this blog started out as  a scrapbooking/card blog --but it's morphing into a 'whatever I feel like posting' blog! LOL!

As I'm going along, I'm seeing things that I find interesting, and want to share them with you. It's safe to say that from now on you'll find a variety of things here. =D

Anyhoo...here is the first of a few cards I'm making.


I used Graphic 45 paper from the 'A Proper Gentleman' paper pad to make this card. The card is kind of minimalist, but I think that's okay for a guy. They don't need a lot of pomp and fancy.

The outside says 'Soar' and 'Dream', and the inside says 'Live.' These are Tim Holtz Adage Tickets. I need a new cutter, so the edges are a bit rough, but instead of trimming them I decided to keep them for this card. I like the unfinished look.


I used a little metal clock embellishment on the front as well. Sorry, but I can't remember where I got it from--I sure like it though!

I thought that the little gold sheer ribbon, and some brads for the corners finished the card off nicely. My son loves cars, and especially FAST cars. So this card is perfect for him!

Well, that's my card for now.

BUT, while I'm on the topic of Men and their likes, this one comes from IZZY!

My sister Izzy made two frames this past Christmas for her Motorbiking son and husband. They live up in Quesnel, BC which is perfect territory for this kind of activity!!

Here is the frame she made up for her husband. (I like her chocolate brown walls)

Her process:

I took the matting out of another picture frame knowing that I wanted to do something unique for my guys this Christmas.

I distressed all the matting uses CTMH black ink.


To spice things up a little, I randomly stamped Motor bike sayings here and there. It was looking a little blah, so I took a thick black felt pen, and after practising on some scrap paper until it looked like a tire track, I drew the tracks on the frame.

To give the center photo some more attention, I added some additional matting to set it apart from the rest.

This one is Vern's frame and that's Vern in the center photo. Brolin's frame had a photo of him for the center picture. The other photos were relatively the same on both frames.

Thanks for looking!

Izzy

Well, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed our projects. We love to hear from you, so leave a comment if you have a moment. Have a good weekend!
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!