If you hold the sides of this card and push in, then you can see the presents and the balloons:
If you pull the sides out, then you can't:
I hope she likes it! It's colorful and fun, just like her!
I thought I'd show you how I put this one together. So here goes:
1) Cut two pieces of designer cardstock 4.5" X 7"
2) Score both pieces at 1", 1.5", 5.5", and 6"
3) Make your folds. Here is a photo to show how to do those. Looks like my cutter needs a fresh blade!
4) Cut a window out of your top piece. I just used a Memory Maker oval, but any shape would work. Just be sure you leave enough room at the top and bottom so that your card doesn't bow out when you push on the sides, and that your sides are wide enough to conceal your "surprises" a bit.
5) To make the tabs, I used a piece of scrap cardstock and made it about 3/4" X 2". Then I cut out some presents and balloons from some matching cardstock and taped them to the end of each. (The right end of one and the left end of the other.)
Then I taped them down on both sides (the 1" pieces) of the bottom piece:
6) Play with the front piece a bit. I added some little pearl embellishments around the opening, and a bow. Then cut out some butterflies, which I taped on the edge of the top. Like this:
7) I cut out a rectangle from some designer cardstock, and folded a little flap at the top. Then added some tacky tape to the left, right and bottom to make this a little envelope on the back of the card. This one is 3.5 X 3, scored at about a 1/4" and then snipped the corners.
8) Using tacky tape, add strips to the outer inch of each side of your bottom piece.
*I added a bit of ribbon around my oval so that it looked more finished.
9) Line up the front and back pieces and carefully tape together.
The designer cardstock I used was the Forever In Time Collection's "Birthday Whimsy" (SP340D). I bought it at the dollar store. I wish I'd bought more of it!
Well, that's it for today! I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! Thanks for dropping in and see you again soon! =D