I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Oct 24, 2010

A Couple of Wreaths

It may be a bit early for Christmas--but it's not too early for Christmas cards! In fact, I should add some Christmas music to this blog. Well--maybe I'll wait until November. =D

Anyway, I found some origami wreaths and thought I'd try my hand at one.


Kinda cute I guess. Then I added a bow and some red background paper...

Yep, that looks a bit more Christmas-y!

Then I decided to work on a card, but I wanted to use Christmas Sheet Music for the background. I found a free site online and just ran off a few pages. Then I punched out these circles from some leftover Christmas cardstock I had.


Here's what I put together with those two items. I added a bow and used a holly stamp for the corners.

The bottom was a bit bare, so I added a `Joy`stamp and framed it with some other cardstock. The black cardstock underneath it is supposed to look like a bit of ribbon.

I might just do this one with the Ridgeview residents. It was such an easy card to do and they`d have fun playing with the circles.

 Well, I guess that`s it for today. See you again soon!

Thanks for visiting!!


Carmen

5 comments:

  1. What fantastic ideas! I love both of the wreaths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly Carmen, you continue to amaze me with all your talents! I have to craft a wreath for a contest the company I am working for is entering. Once I figure out what I'm doing, I'll post it...you just gave me a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Christie! I can't wait to see what you make Renee...glad I inspired you in some way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been here in a while....so sorry! And when I saw the wreath, I knew I had to visit. Love the idea! Your bookmarks were my Christmas gift last year. Perhaps I'll make these wreaths this year! (You were right; they needed "a little Christmas!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sue! They're so easy to make, and fun too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!