Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Aug 27, 2010

Guest Design Card on CSAYL

Hello!

A little while ago I submitted a Christmas card to Christmas Stampin' All Year Long for their vintage Christmas Challenge Shortly after, Maria got a hold of me and asked me to be their Guest Designer for the 27th of August.

How cool is that? =D

The challenge was to make a non-Christmas card (Lol...I had to laugh about that), using a digital stamp from Softpencil Digital Stamps. The card I designed can be seen at CSAYL.

I thought I'd also put the card on this blog to show you some of the process and a few more pictures.

I had the cutest little cattail diecuts that I wanted to use on this card...but do you think I could find them? Oh well, plan B = make your own:


I drew the grass out on some cardstock, and then roughly cut it out.



Then I drew the cattails on one side of some brown cardstock, put glue all over the other side, and then applied some Stampendous Fuzzy Flock. I pressed it down using a ruler so that I'd get good coverage.

I waited for it to dry a bit before cutting them out. Using a glue pen with a fine tip, I glued them onto the grass. They actually turned out okay...I wasn't sure they would. Yay!

I also hand cut the grasses from two different color cardstocks to add interest. The log sticker I've had forever and I have no idea who made them. Sorry!

Here's the completed card:



Cute digital eh? I made a recessed window card to provide some depth to the 'marsh' around the house.

Here's the inside:

 

I made this card with my son in mind, who just purchased a new home.

Well, that's it for today. Softpencil has plenty more digitals, and they're all quite cute. Check them out when you get a chance! Also, a hearty thank you to Maria and the girls at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long for featuring me as a guest designer. I really enjoyed the challenge!! =D

Thanks for visiting!

Carmen

1 comment:

  1. This is such a PRECIOUS card!!! Those cattails are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!