I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jun 21, 2010

Vintage Christmas Card: CSAYL

I thought it might be fun to participate in a card making challenge. I know Christmas is quite a while away yet, but if I want to make my own cards, I have to start now! So I put together a vintage christmas card for Christmas Stamping All Year Long. It's the first time I've worked with vintage images, so it's not my favorite, but I decided to submit it anyway.


I love to distress the edges and grunge it up a bit, and I didn't think it was too much out of the vintage genre to do so. The tree was hard to photograph because I added a bit of glimmer mist to it. I'm wishing I hadn't because it subdued the already subdued colors of the tree. Live and learn! :)

Here is the inside of this card:


And a couple of close ups of some of the elements on the front of the card:


I really like the little charm stocking on the bottom right. The ribbon looks yellow in the photo, but it's more of a gold tone. I noticed after the fact that I forgot to ink the poinsettia and remedied that.

Thank you for stopping by! Have a good day!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the charm stocking too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Vintage Christmas card Carmen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmen~~~

    This is fabulous!! I make cards so i know how much works goes into making them and embellishing. My late sister was fantastic at card making and was featured in Stampington twice! You have a nice start for Christmas and I wish you much luck with the contest. This is a winner. And the tree looks great...very vintage!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carmen, it is a very lovely vintage card, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, love all the little details you have added.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card Carmen.. you did a fantastic job on the vintage challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Stampin'. Come back again and again and you will have all of your cards done in a flash! Hugs, Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your card is definitely vintage, Carmen. The images are beautiful and perfect for the vintage look! Absolutely gorgeous card. Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas Stampin All Year LOng!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty vintage card!! Love the colors and images you chose!!
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Stampin' all year long!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!