Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Jun 7, 2010

Life is Like an Ice Cream Cone...

 Hi Ladies!

I finally got around to making up the card from all those bits and pieces I showed you in the last post. I'll list the supplies used underneath the photos:


This is the card front. I hand drew the white design under the ice cream cone which I then Cuttlebugged with the Swiss Dots folder. I stamped and I heat embossed the card underneath that with UTEE. The cherry is a button with a ribbon tied through it.



Here is the inside of the card. I used a Tim Holtz stamp for the floor and just used a marker for the baseboard. That stately looking ice cream bar was hand drawn by Amanda. That huge Ice Cream Soda was made with a cupcake stamp made into a soda glass. We had fun coloring those in with coloring pencils. We both attempted to make the bar stool...it proved to be the most difficult thing to design, oddly enough, but this is what I came up with in the end. The picture frame is a stamp.

Supplies:

Inkadinkadoo #97628 Birthday Cupcake Stamp Set
Inkadinkadoo #98970 Ornamental Frames Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Visual Artistry Collection (floor stamp)
Stampin' Up Scallop Circle Punch
Hampton Arts Stamps, Alphabet Collage (card front background which I embossed)
UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Powder)
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Folder
Markers: black, red, white, silver
Coloring pencils
Red Stickles (for the cherry on the ice cream soda)
Red Buttons
1/8" black ribbon
Red embellishments tape, Scor-tape, Foam pop dots
Various inks for distressing edges.

Card size: 7.5" X 5.25" Scored @ 3.75" for the fold
White card stock on inside of card: 5" X 3.5"

Now I just hope the ladies enjoy putting their cards together!

Thanks for visiting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!