Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Dec 12, 2009

Beautiful Gift Idea

Hello Everyone,

I'd like you to meet one of my best buddies, Adriana. Today I am featuring Adie's scarf.

Many of you are looking for gift ideas for Christmas that are affordable, but still adorable. Well, this is it. Look no further!

You know all the bits and pieces of yarn you have sitting somewhere in a container, neatly wrapped to keep it clean, just in case you find a use for it someday? The day has come to pull it out, because here is something beautiful you can make with it.

I had 80 hold it out so that you could see how it was put together. Basically here are the steps:


1) Measure out different types of yarn into approximately 6 ft lengths.
2) Measure out some more of the same types of yarn into approximately 2 - 2 1/2 ft. lengths.
3) Find the middle of the 6 ft lengths, and tie the 2-2 1/2 ft lenth in the center of it as shown above.
4) Now take 4 pieces of yarn and tie one on each end about 2 ft in, and again about 1 ft in from the ends.
5) Put it on. Done!

Now there are about 3 ways to wear this. We know of two. One way is shown in the photo below, leaving the ends just hanging on the sides. The other way is to fold the scarf in half and pull the ends through as shown below.

I thought I'd show you a close up of the fibres she used in this scarf. The sky is the limit though, and I'm sure you could come up with some beautiful combinations. The eyelash fibre is especially beautiful in these, as are the fibres that look like little ladders...you can see it lying on top in the photo below. Anyway...have fun with these!


In the next while, I'll be leaving you with a tip that will save you all kinds of money in your scrapbooking endeavors. Stay tuned!

I really appreciate your interest and hope you'll follow and leave a comment! I love your comments, they make my day! Thanks for visiting and come back soon! =D


2 comments:

  1. Very cool! And nice to see Adie again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really neat Carmen....I've got all sorts of wool lying around that I just don't quite know what to do with....Thanks for the idea...Adie does look good in it too...Merry Christmas:))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!