Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

May 24, 2022

Stamperia Leftovers Cards

Hello all!

Today I have some Stamperia cards, watercolor bookmarks (in progress) and a little idea. 

A while back I bought a bunch of Stamperia pads and they didn’t disappoint. In fact, the cards I’m about to show you were made from mostly bits and pieces that were left over. I usually make larger cards, but these are smaller cards, which are nice to give too. 


I cut out the little teacups, the birds, the heart and the love sign and applied them with foam tape.


This one was super simple. It’s just two flat layers with a popped up flower.


This one was embellished with a metal music note clip. I did have to use two different background papers for the background. Super easy though! This is what I love about these papers. They’re incredibly easy to work with; the cards seem to make themselves.

I also made some watercolor bookmarks. I’ve already given some away, so these are ones I’m still working on. Once I’ve done the initial painting, I go back and add details, usually with golds and iridescent colors. In fact, I want to share a couple of really nice paints below. First the bookmarks. 


You can see the gold splatters on the center bookmark. I’ll be adding writing and some shimmer to the other two before they’re completed. 

The reason I am making these bookmarks is because they make such a great addition to cards. I add a packet of fancy tea and a cute little saying, and it’s a little bit of a gift. 


This is the front of the bookmark, and the back of the bookmark is behind the tea in its package below.


Note also the writing on the sticker that seals it. 
You time! A book, a sip of tea and solitude!”

You see, everyone seems to be stressed and depressed these days. People are worn out, feeling helpless and hopeless because of the things happening in the world. On top of that are the every day issues that come up in their personal lives, plus unusual sicknesses and outside pressures and it’s all just too much. I feel it too. 

I believe the best way to fight these feelings is to come together in unity.  Do what we can to encourage, lift people up and let them know someone out there still cares. It’s a small gesture, I know, but it’s a start. A handmade (or store bought) card with a bookmark and tea. Or maybe hot chocolate. Whatever. 

Just something to tell them you care, and to take time for themselves to relax, heal and get rejuvenated. So that’s my little idea. Super easy to do but thoughtful.

So about the shimmery paints. When I was going through my rock painting phase a while back (so short I never shared it), I was introduced to a couple of acrylics that are just lovely. A picture is probably best. Sorry about the yellow background…it’s watercolor paper. Anyway, if you want a little shimmer, these are awesome! I used the dragonfly glaze on the dragonfly bookmark above.


I have a fabric card ready, but I’ll wait until the next post. Hope you enjoyed these. Have a great week! 

Blessings,
Carmen












2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and bookmarks Carmen - love the thought of the mini care package - I must make some up.
    Thanks for sharing the paints - I must keep and eye out and see if I can find some
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The paints are quite nice for little touches!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!