Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Feb 23, 2019

Craft Sales, Naps and Laundry

Living in Kamloops has its fine points. Although it's semi-arid there are plenty of lakes that are truly beautiful! You can go swimming, fishing, hiking and camping in the summer; then in the winter there's skiing, snowshoeing, and ice fishing close by. That all sounds so wonderful, but one thing about Kamloops that is a bit frustrating for a city of almost 100,000 people, is the fact that most businesses don't seem to thrive or last here.

I'm not sure why that is. There are major centers within 3-4 hours from here and that may have some bearing on it. In any case, all that to say that our last little scrapbook store has closed and all that's left is a little scrapbook spot in a Glass store. It's dismal ladies, it really is. 

But there is good news because...

That's why our Craft Garage Sales are so well attended! Everyone knows that buying crafts and making crafts are two completely different hobbies. Truthfully, many of us are more committed to the former than the latter. 

Ain't that the truth? 

Which is great for all of us. It's just a win-win really!

Today I went to one of those sales in town and was not disappointed. I found a few things I'm pretty excited about. I've had my eye on Stampscapes for a while. Who doesn't love a good Youtube video on craft techniques? I picked these up for a buck each. 

A buck

I'm pretty happy about them and I can't wait to play. That night sky one is spectacular all done up. Sigh......


I really don't need any more stamps (she whispers), but I've been wanting a motorcycle stamp and couldn't leave these there. Masculine cards, here I come


I've also been looking for white staz-on refill ink for ever -- I never thought I'd find it locally. I'm serious! Apparently our Michael's (which has been downsizing their scrapbooking section to oblivion) didn't see the need to carry it. 

Lucky me, lol. Because......

An ink pad AND the refill for 2 Bucks??? SCORE!! Oh, and I got some envelopes and blank cards as well. I want to make some smaller cards but all mine are bigger. So a good buy for me.


There's more. 

I'm excited about this too because I love the puzzle piece cards and I like punches.


Hearts always come in handy, and I usually end up drawing them and cutting them. This will be so much quicker. 


Last but not least I found some little flowers. They will come in handy at some point, I'm sure. 


I wore myself out today. It was hot in there and that was exacerbated by the fact that it's cold outside (you know, for all that skiing) and I had on my warmest jacket. 

Now I need a nap..... but first the laundry.

Happy weekend everyone
Blessings,
Carmen

8 comments:

  1. Oh what exciting finds - way to go Carmen!! Wish we had crafty garage sales here!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have them? Oh you should suggest it. So many people are both collectors and crafters (lol), I'm sure people would both sell and buy!!

      Delete
  2. What wonderful finds!
    Big shout out for garage sales. Wish we had them over here in England.
    Look forward to seeing your male cards. ...new stamps, new stamps....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my...that's two of you that don't have craft sales where you live. I love going to them! I hope you can experience one some day!

      Delete
  3. I love a good craft sale too. I think my best buy was a bunch of stamps and embossing powders. When I got home I figured the girl would have had a heat gun too. I went back and asked. She did and only wanted $2 for it. I've been using it ever since. Great hall for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Such a great deal!! Isn't it much more fun when you can get all this stuff at a discount, and much of it barely used! SCORE!! :)

      Delete
  4. Nice cache of treasures that yo came across. Yes, we always need more supplies! Have fun! It will be many months before garage sales get going here in MN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not bad right? I was happy! I hope you get to go to a craft garage sale sometime soon. It's the friendliest atmosphere!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!