I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Dec 9, 2013

Stitches and Wood!

How are you all doing with Christmas this year? I'm finding it's been fun getting ready for Christmas, although it is keeping me busy. I've made a lot of my own gifts, but also a few things for myself.

I love checking out Sarah, at Repeat Crafter Me. Seriously, this girl is a truck load of ingenious ideas, not to mention all the adorable crochet patterns she makes up and offers for free!! In addition, she features tried recipes and kids crafts. Such a fun and informative blog!!

Here is something I gleaned from Sarah recently. Some little clay stitch markers. I forgot how much I enjoy working with clay. I will probably do up some variations of these in the new year because I love them. I think they'll work great for crocheting with. There's a tutorial on her blog on how to make these if you're interested.



While I'm on the subject of crochet, here's some beautiful wood milled hooks I found. I've got my order in and am hoping it arrives soon!

They're made by a guy named Bill at Turn of the Century , who has been making these for over 40 years!! He uses all different kinds of woods...there's purpleheart  brazilian rosewood, African blackwood and more. Just beautiful patterns in the wood too.

A sampling of the hooks he makes:


I seriously cannot wait to see the hooks I've ordered!! 

Well, that's all for today!

Blessings,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!