I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Nov 29, 2013

Glowing Lights Technique

Good Morning!

Super quick post here! I wanted to show you a technique I recently picked up from SplitcoastStampers. It's called the Glowing Light technique. I wanted to make up a couple more cards using this technique, but honestly just can't get to it at the moment. I pretty much repeated what they did to save myself time.

Here's what I used:
Q-Tips
Chalk (You know ~ the ones everyone bought way back and still have!)
White Gel Pen

I cut some triangles out of green paper freehand
Use a good gel pen to make circles on the triangles
Take your chalk (I'm sure you all have some) and with a Q-tip circle over the little white gel pen circles extending a bit beyond the white.
I used the gel pen to dot on some garland. 

That's it! 

If I had made more cards, I would have considered:
Christmas lights on a house and some little trees out front. 
A lantern with a glowing light or streetlights.
An apartment building with lights.
Etc, etc.....

What a fun technique, thanks to Gregzgurl on Splitcoaststampers! 

I will be back soon with a few more Christmas cards using my images.

Have a great day!
Blessings!
Carmen


2 comments:

Thanks for the comments!