I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jun 17, 2013

Manly? Yes!

Hello,

I awoke to a dismal, dreary, rainy day this morning, but now the sun is shining, the skies are clear, and things are looking happy, happy, happy. I want to fit in a walk now that my back is a little better. Let's hope the weather agrees!

It was so wonderful to read all your well wishes for our anniversary. It made my days that much more special! (I know the font I'm using makes the 29 look like 24, but it was our twenty ninth anniversary, if you're still wondering.)

Anyway, a heartfelt Thank you!

To those of you who are new followers, a warm welcome indeed.

I post as often as I am able. Life, family, grandkids...well, they come first. I hope you feel that way yourselves too. 

I made some cards in the last week or so. I totally cheated this year and made 4 cards that were similar for Father's Day. I have two sons with kids and two fathers to make cards for, so I felt completely justified in saving the time by not designing four different cards. Such a lazy card maker!

I didn't even get a chance to make one for my husband, although he did get some small gifts. (Thank you Bath & Bodyworks for your 50% off deals! Hehehe...)

Anyway, back to the cards...
The one above was embellished with a Father's Day ribbon that I believe came from Purdy's. ( I'm recycling...look at me go!)  I also used some self stick crystals along the lines on the paper. I embossed the moustaches with a few different cuttlebug folders. 
On this one I used brads that look like screws (love these for men's cards) and also a metal corner embellishment. That's about it...easy peasy.
This one is my favorite. I added some black brads and a decorative metal corner embellishment. I put some of the blue paper through an edge punch and fit it on the side, then I took a bit of leftover black cardstock from another edge punch and used it on the bottom. I tied it with some colored hemp string.

I actually made one more card but forgot to take a photo of it. It's a little frustrating when you intend to do a post with a photo you forgot to take. Lol...good thing I made 4 similar cards...you'll have to  use your imagination for the last one. I think it was yellow...

BTW, the moustaches are a freebie I gave you from THIS post. I just printed them off and cut them up, then put them through a cuttlebug folder.

Well, that's all for now. 

Hope you have a good week~

Blessings,
Carmen

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm starting to wonder if you are reading my mind. I was just thinking of searching for mustache images and up pops this post. You are absolutely the best! Now keep reading my mind....nifty birthday balloons...hummingbird....
    Just kidding!

    kren@
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Too funny! I actually do have some images in mind, but sadly...none of those at the moment. Glad you could use the mustaches though!:)

      Delete
  2. Each card may use the same images but they all have a unique design. Sometimes time doesn't allow us to be as creative as we'd like, well that and ambition..;-)

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!