I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Feb 10, 2013

Ahoy Matey!

Hello!

I am stopping in to show you a card I made for my Dad for his birthday. As a younger man, he was in the Navy in Germany for a while, but his sailing is pretty much limited to Ferries now, and that's barely ever. 

Still, I thought it made for a good masculine card and he really did seem to like it! :)
I used a card from flourish.com as inspiration. You can also find it on my Pinterest account.
This is a corner of the inside. 
Here's my Dad! Looks pretty good for 79 eh?

Other than that, I have fallen for the crochet bug recently.

In the last month and a half I have crocheted 5 hats, 9 pairs of baby booties, 2 pairs of adult slippers, a few coasters, and I'm working on some crocodile stitch booties right now. I can't seem to stop!!!

I may as well show you a few of the most recent ones I made...these are for my granddaughter.
The ones below are for my DIL's. 

I removed the buttons off of these ones, sanded them and did a color wash on them. Then I coated them with a varnish. So the buttons are a darker color now, which I like better!

I did another one with a different color combo but forgot to take a photo. 
Oh, I made the soles non-slip as well! 

If you're a crocheter and would like the patterns, you can find them at TwoGirlsPatterns on Etsy. So worth the money!! Clear and easy instructions with lots of pictures.

I want to update our parents 8x8 albums with all their grandkids and great grandkids in them soon...so I'll be sharing that here once I get some done. 

Hope you had a nice weekend!
Blessings,
Carmen

6 comments:

  1. Hope your dad's birthday was fabulous! The card you made him was wonderful! I just love the little bunny booties you made; so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen what a perfectly handsome card! The navel touches with the maps are stupendous. Great job and I'm sure he loved it not just liked it. The slippers look comfy and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card and the slippers are adorable

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! As I scrolled down and saw your Dad's picture, I thought he resembles my Dad! Happy Birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card you made for your dad. Hope he had a great day. The bunny booties are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutie pie daddy! Cute slippers..love em! Love his pressie too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!