I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jun 11, 2012

Do It Yourself, Soap on a Rope Gag Gift

Hello!

I made some Father's Day cards using the Ties Digi I have for free HERE. More on the card later...

I really love to tease my father in law. He is just the sweetest guy and he has a good sense of humor. He dishes it out, but he can take it too! Also, I don't know how many soap on a ropes my Dad received from us as kids, but I'm sure they could have filled a bathtub! So this gag gift worked for both of them. 

I decided to have a little fun with our Dads and send them a "do it yourself", mini soap on the rope kit. It comes with instructions and a troubleshooting guide, and is small enough to fit in the card.

Here's the card:
Here's the soap with hook & rope with the instructions and troubleshooting guide in a ziploc bag:
I just typed the header for the ziploc bag out in Word and attached it with staples.
Here's the instructions I made up. It's a png, so take it if you like it. Hubby thinks it's silly, DIL likes it...it's a lottery!  :)

And also the sentiment for inside the card, if you want it.
I prefer to paper piece rather than color, so I printed the ties on 4 different sheets of designer paper.
Then I cut them all out and inked the sides...I distress inked all the designer papers on the card.
Here's the paper pad I used. The card and envelopes were the gold ones from Michael's.
I stamped the soap because it was a soft soap. I used a regular rubber stamp.
Here's a snap shot of the inside as well. I still have to add the sentiments to them. The background paper is 7 Gypsies.

You can take any piece of unused soap and cut it smaller. Some soaps will be harder than others, but you can just cut them with a knife. Then include a hook and a piece of hemp or even embroidery thread, yarn or whatever. Use a ziploc or make a small envelope they'll fit in and you have a Soap on the Rope Kit! 

Well, that's it for today! Enjoy!
Carmen

11 comments:

  1. WOW, Carmen, great card, and what a great Idea for the soap of a rope kit!

    You'll have to update us as to whether the Dads' managed to put the kit together!! If so, you may find you have 2 new helpers for you & your soap making!!! ;-)

    Thanks for sharing!

    Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's hilarious! thanks for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea. I just love your card. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh is this ever clever and funny! i'll bet he'll LOVE it!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas with us Carmen. Love the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea....

    Silverbutterfly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Carmen and great idea for soap on a rope!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I'm putting it on my pinterest! Btw, be my guest if you want to feature my design at Christmas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! I'd love to feature your design. Thanks also for pinning my soap on a rope kit. :D

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!