I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Sep 22, 2011

Ridgeview Card and Some Free Vintage

Hello,

I have a Ridgeview Card Class coming up, and they wanted something to go along with their western theme for the week. I saw a card I liked at Inspired and Unscripted, so used that as my inspiration. Here is the card we'll be making.

 Unfortunately, I used a hemp fiber to tie on the card, and it ripped the card a bit, but I have some softer fiber in the same color I can use.  I don't have any nestabilities, so I used my Lynx cutter to frame the buckin' bronco...but I didn't want to bother with the fussiness of lining it all up. So I used the light box my son bought me a while back. I've used it a few times already and love it!


See, works great!
Here's the inside of the card:
 And here are the rest of the cards prepped and ready for them to put together. I made up about 5 different styles, so that's what I'm showing in the first picture.
There's about 15 cards altogether.

For the buckin' bronco image, I just googled 'buckin bronco' and this was one of the images that came up. I couln't find a copyright, so can't tell you who initially made it. The designer papers were random papers I've had a while. The hat stamp is actually the Sheriff Ian stamp from The Greeting Farm. I just masked it, stamped it, and cut it out.

I usually do some inking on the sides; in the card above I used white staz on ink. Some will be distressed with a darker ink. The star is a brad from a package I've had in my stash for a while.

They can choose whatever sentiment stamp I have for the inside of the card. I hope the ladies enjoy putting these together!

***********************************************
It's been a while since I posted some vintage graphics for you vintage buffs.  I love this little vintage Ad for Jam.



I also have some chairs for you today...not sure what you can do with them, but they're yours if you want them....
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Carmen

5 comments:

  1. Hi Carmen, love the western theme cards and tfs the vintage chairs. I came top 3 in a challenge using your steampunk airship and you can see it here:
    http://canonburycreations.blogspot.com/2011/09/mmm-challenge-15-steampunk-monochrome.html
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great male card, Carmen!
    Love the trick with the light box, too....mine's in my room somewhere,but doesn't get out much....haaa!
    That last chair is almost identical to one my Grandad used to have...now THAT'S vintage...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the western cards Carmen. and what a great idea with light box.Fabulous vintage chairs.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful western card. The people attending your class are going to love making this design. Thanks for your recent visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Love the card idea, and the chairs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!