Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Jul 8, 2011

Stamping Backgrounds Technique and Free Digi Background

I finally got a chance to make a card today! My table is an absolute mess, and so is the bed in the guest room. Lol...that's the price I have to pay, I guess! Some day I'll have my own scrapbook room!

I feel kind of bad, because I don't remember where I first saw this technique. I went through all my bookmarks, and couldn't find it...so if it's yours, let me know and I'll place a link on this post.

Here's a few of the backgrounds I made:
The technique is simple:

-You take 2 or more different colors of stamp pads, and just haphazardly stamp them on a sheet of white cardstock. You can leave white spaces if you want to, or not. I used distress inks.
-Then with Staz-On ink you stamp your images all over top. You can do as I've done above, or right beside each other in a row and all the way down the page. They both look nice.
-Then you just cut your background to size. You could make several with one sheet of cardstock.
-The third background is actually a digital background I made up to go with my Masquerade Mask Digital Stamps. I stamped right over top of the digital images with my stamp pads and there was no smudging or smearing at all. 

Here's the card I made with the digital background..really not my usual style!! I was thinking Mardi-Gras...which is a bit tacky in my view...so I don't even know if I like it, but someone might.I still need a sentiment to add to it.

I'll include the free digital background for you below. The Masquerade Mask that's on top of the background is one of my free digi's and can be found HERE along with a few other styles of masks.

 Now I really have to get on with some more card making. I'm looking forward to making these next ones. One will have a birdcage, and the other will have watch parts and keys....more my style!! :))

Have a good day!

Blessings!
Carmen



1 comment:

Thanks for the comments!