Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Feb 18, 2011

Some Like It Hot!

HELLO! :)

I was planning on going for a walk today, but woke up to -6 degrees celsius, plus a bunch of wind and snow, making it feel like about -20C. BRRRrrrrrr!!

I spent the day puttering around the house and making a card instead. I don't know if I've mentioned it, but I am working on a more healthy lifestyle, which will involve losing some weight. I started almost two weeks ago and lost 9 lbs. in the first week. Most of it probably water weight. I'm using 'LiveStrong', and have charted to lose 2 lbs. a week. Hopefully I'll soon be a skinnier, healthier me! :)

Anyway, enough about me, here's the card:


I just realized that my card is about FOOD! LOL!! I can't eat or drink too much chocolate right now, so I'll just make a card about Hot Chocolate. Oh dear! LOL!!

Oh well, here's another view of it.

I stamped the image three times, and embossed them with black embossing powder. Then I colored the cups in with markers. I cut the bottom plate off one of the cups and stacked it on the other three cups. I used the bottom cup from the third image and fussy cut the steam and the marshmallows for the center cup.


The words were done with SCAL and the Cricut. I think they were a bit too fine of a cut, but I used them anyway. I used a glue pen to attach them. Finicky work!!

The yellow background was put through a tool that gives the paper a corrugated look.

I took a few Cocoa Ads off the internet and downsized them to use on the card.

I don't have a photo of the inside, but it says, "Some Like it HOT!"

Here's my list of supplies:

Debbie Mumm Stamp: Steamy Cups D6171
Random Cocoa ads off the internet
Yellow Paper: Glitz Basics, Lyndsay Johnson
Cosmo Cricket Paper pad: Cogsmo
Black, and white card stock
pop dots, glue pen, double sided tape, Cricut, Scal.
Watermark ink, black embossing powder
Sharpie markers

Well, that's all for today. Hope you enjoyed my Mexican style Hot Cocoa! Thanks for visiting!

Carmen

4 comments:

  1. Oh...that card is awesome, talented girl!!!

    Are you following a diet?

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy! And it's making me wish we had your weather. 78 degrees in Central VA yesterday--yikes! Love the coffee shop feel to the card....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card! I would probably create a card about Hot Chocolate if I wasn't eating much of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hot chocolate and your card is just adorable Carmen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!