I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

May 17, 2010

Ainsworth, Shopping and Card

Good Morning!

It was my birthday recently, so we took a trip to Ainsworth to soak in the Hot Springs. Then we went to Kelowna and picked up a few things at Memories and More. When I got home, I made a little card I've been wanting to make for a while now. This post will be a bit photo heavy...


These photos don't do Ainsworth a lot of justice, but believe me...It.Is.Heaven!!! The area is a haven in itself with the still snow-capped Purcell Mountains and the lake observable from the pools. The cave goes back into the mountain and horseshoes around. The temperature in there is about 40C with natural minerals in the water (thus the lovely color). Inside the cave it is foggy and warm. There is some subdued lighting showing off the natural stalagmites and stalagtites. There are places of rock to sit. It is a wonderful experience, except that it makes my hair frizz!

Beside the cave is the cold pool at 5C.  Is it cold? I couldn't tell you--I won't go in. But I can tell you that anyone who does go in, is out within seconds. The smarter ones just put in their big toe and turn around quickly.

The pools are a milder 35C....HEAVEN!!! That's where I spend most of my time. If the air is colder, there is a wonderful mist that comes up from the pool. Aaaahhhhhhhhhhh.

The last two photos are just outside and below the hotel. The natural rock is such an unusual color, and the waters which feed into the lake behind me, are hot. I stood across the road to take these pictures. It's amazing anything can grow there!!

Then we were off for our 5 hour drive to Kelowna. Here are a few of the things I picked up at Memories and More...


Extra large tags and some rock n roll stickers. Brush Markers for my stamps, and pink paisley frames. I'm looking forward to playing with those!!


Large white Prima flowers..Glimmer Mist, here I come!! :)
Also some random papers that my husband grabbed since my son is in a band and he figured I would use them. My son Chris is the lead guitar player in a Christian Worship band called Hathaway. He's a bit of a ham, so be pre-warned. Anyway, check them out!

They had so many wonderful papers there...Websters, Bo bunny, Prima, Graphics 45, etc....but honestly, I just didn't have time. There was so much there and by the time my husband returned...I still spent another 20 minutes looking around. Such a patient man! I've already been on the phone, and there is definitely a Scrapbooking Girls Road Trip in our near future!

I'm so happy I found the Rusty Hinge Distress Ink!!! Also some more Stickles, and Scor Tape. All must haves! Oh, and I also found VersaMark ink refill...I didn't even know they had such an animal!

I know...it's the price of living in a small town.

No scrapbook shopping would be complete without stamps! I especially love the clings and have already used some of these stamps! I'll show you...

I've used the background stamp and the little owl in this Bookmark card. The original idea for the bookmark came from Clips N Cuts...I think.

No trip would be complete without some unusual sight...and here was ours. I can't remember the name of the little town we were in....possibly Greenwood?

Anyway, if you want to make your town look bigger....just make pretend houses....

Note the trees peeking through behind the curtains. No one said us Canadians were sane! LOL!!

Hope you enjoyed our little journey!

I love having you visit and so enjoy your comments! Have a good day!

4 comments:

  1. i want to go to those hot springs!!
    and all your craft goodies look awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Carmen! What a score! Love the scripts background stamp you found.

    Can't wait for my next scrappy trip with the girls to Kelowna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little "town" appears to be for sale, too. HA! What a gem.... Everyone needs a good chuckle on the road.

    Nice birthday gift, Carmen! In the majesty of the mountains, to enjoy hot springs is a relaxing time....

    Enjoy your new "goodies" too, as we will enjoy visiting here again soon to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday Carmen! Sounds like a great little journey. I love the pretend houses! How funny. I love the card...how did you get it to be or look three dimensional? Is it embossing? Very, very cool. You really inspire me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!