I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Nov 11, 2009

Something Smells Good...

For the next few posts, I'll be showing you some of my cold process soaps. This time of year I often like to make soap. This time I used a Coconut Milk recipe which is supposed to be a hard (long lasting) lathery bar that is still moisturizing. Both batches of it smell just heav~en~ly!!



The top batch is a mixture of sweet orange, mandarin, lime, ginger, cinnamon and jasmine oils. I think I'll probably call it "Tropical Rain." Once it's cured some more (4 to 6 weeks), the scent will change some...so I may decide on a different name.




The bottom batch is straight Neroli...which I've decided is one of my favorite scents. They're a little bland looking, but the scent makes up for it. Next time I'll use more coloring.

My next batch will be beer soap. Using beer gives the soap more lather. Additionally, it appeals more to men...since anything with "beer" or "lager" in the title MUST be manly!!

Wish you were here to smell it!!

Until Next Time,



4 comments:

  1. The new blog looks delightful and I relish taking more time to go indepth. I need to learn to make soap! From the way you talk about them, I'm sure they must smell absolutely scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I'm impressed, Carmen! That's such a great hobby. I went to a new nursery in the area and they sold the most wonderful lavender soaps...so I know what you mean about the scents.

    Beer soap?! That is a new one on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I wish I could smell the soap, it sounds delightful. I've always wanted to try to make soap. I had no idea it had to cure. Can you tell I that I know nothing about it?
    Do you sell your soap online?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Girls!
    Anita, soap is easy to make, you just have to be careful! I took a little course on it first.

    Sue, the beer actually gives the soap more lather!

    Christie, I used coffee cake and spice scent in the beer soap. It smells so yummy! I don't currently sell my soaps, but I have an etsy shop set up (nothing in it yet).

    Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them. =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!