I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Nov 16, 2011

Java Good Day!

Hello!

I made a card recently using a stamp I purchased at a garage sale, but I altered it just a wee bit by stacking the cups. So that's what gave me the inspiration to make this digi. You can always use more coffee cards, I figure.


I also did up a few sentiments.

I thought I'd leave you with some instructions on how to make this particular pocket card since it's so easy. 

I wanted my finished card to be about 5" X 3", so I cut the card 7" X 6" and scored it at 3" for the center fold. 

Then I measured up 2" from the bottom of the card and cut out a square from the right hand bottom to the center fold that measured 2"X 3". 

I was left with an extension on the bottom left hand of the card also measuring 2"X3". I scored the card up 2" from the bottom, over to the center fold. Here's a sketch:
I used a corner rounder on the flap as shown, then folded it up and put a strip of double sided tape 2" on the far left of the flap so that it forms a pocket to put a Starbuck's Gift Card (or maybe Tim Horton's, Second Cup, etc.  for you Canadians). 

Well....I was going to post the card I made, but I've already given it away. Oops!! I was in a hurry that day and forgot to take a photo of it! Sorry!

Do you use my images? If so, send me an email and I'll post it and link back to you.

I got an email from one of my Anonymous followers who made a card with this digi. Here is what she said, "We gave one of those coffee makers that uses the barcode to know what to brew, and this is the card I made for that recipient." Check out her card:
Plus, here is the back...
Isn't it fantastic? I told her that I love the way she cut off the left side of the image because it was unpredictable (made the card unique) and held an element of surprise. I also love the barcode on the back. The writing underneath it says "Made by Amy." Very clever!!

Gale from Playing With Paper made a gorgeous card with this image as well.
I love her use of color, and also the embossed coffee beans at the top of the card. Not sure where the stamp is from....check out her blog for details! 

Here's the inside of her card:
Thank you Gale for sharing!! :)

Here's one by Nancy, from Bits by Nancy! Click on the link and see some close ups on her blog. She's used Crystal Effects on the cups and they look so cute!! Also loving the twine bows and the flowers! Great coloring too...thanks for sharing Nancy!

One more...from HotchPotch Ehhh??  The direct link can be found at July 2012 Tea Swap.
I love how she's incorporated a cut up map into the background, an idea she got from Pinterest. There are also some other interesting details you'll want to go and check out on her post. Love the coloring as well...really nice card!
Looking for more Coffee/Tea images?

Hope your day is awesome today!
Carmen

68 comments:

  1. Carmen thank You! I absolutely love the cups!!!! I also am new at cards and appreciate the instructions to make a 2x3 card. Blessings to you!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these, just so cute, had to make a card the other day with a cuppa and had no image for that, go figure..........:))
    Now i have !!
    Have a good day your side and lotsa luv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! Love the little cups.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. I love the image and what a fun card idea. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing these!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome digis. Thanks so much!
    Charlene M

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the cups...But when I save it on my computer and then go to see it..It's all black what I'm I doing wrong
    buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buzzy Bee, I responded on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Carmen for these cool stack of cups and sentiments! I just love your images! thank you again also for the steampunk hot air balloon, my card was featured recently at Sassy Studio Designs. They just love it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the digis. I'll probably use the cups for tea as Mom and i are big Hot Tea drinkers. can you e-mail these card instructions to me? I couldn't get them to print, and i would love to try this card for gift cards. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown edwinabrown@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the stacked cups!!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous image and i will just have to try the card...many thanks...www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carmen thanks for sharing,love it.
    Jocelan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the digi and sentiments. Too bad we didn't get to see your card - I bet it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing this file.We should be able to figure it out.But would have loved to have seen your finished card.May-be next time.Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you Carmen. As always, love them

    ReplyDelete
  17. So right! Never enough coffee cup images! TSM

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those cups are awesome! Can't wait to play with them! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, thank you so much! I wish we could have seen your card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for the mugs and sentiments to go with them!!! Thank you also for the pocket card. I am always sending off the card without getting a picture taken. You will have to make another one to share.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What sweet cups and great sentiments too! Thanks so much. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you! Love the image and the sentiments! Thank you so much! Will make some awesome cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fab image... thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous coffee digis, Carmen!!! Thanks so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for sharing your time and talents. These are exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These cups are so pretty. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for the fun image and sentiments. I just love punny saying with images. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks so much for the cup digis and sentiments. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thankyou so much for the digi's. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the images - thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the cups! So many interesting designs and a great stack for a card. Thank you so much for sharing this image with us. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your stacked cups. Too bad you didn't get a picture of your card. I guess you'll have to make another one now...hint hint. :P Thanks for this awesome digi.

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are delightful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks you so much. These are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you so very much for sharing. I understand about not having a pic. Many times I thought I need to take a pic of this before givig it away and puff, its gone and no pic LOL

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the stacked cups! thank you for sharing. Pat K.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Is this where I got the Christmas pudding digi? I am making a card using it and want to give credit to the owner. Please let me know. Thank You! Edwina Brown edwinabrown@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  38. Adorable. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for these great cups and sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  40. love this digi thank you

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the cups. I had that stamp and sold it!! This is better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the cups - can't wait to color with my copics. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am so inspired to try this right now! Have I told you lately that I love you?? Well, I do! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love it - perfect for my coffee and tea drinking friends!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thank you for sharing your talent...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you so much for sharing all of your wonderful talent! Your images are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thank you Carmen for the coffee cups and verses they are so adorable, your precious for sharing with us.
    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  48. So cute - thanks for sharing your wonderful creative designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. LOVE YOU SITE--GOOD STUFF

    DIANE
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  50. Can always use some good cups :o) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thank you for sharing. I especially like the pocket card. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  52. This are great and very different images! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thanks for sharing your wonderful images. Norma W

    ReplyDelete
  54. Great images, thanks for sharing. You're not alone in forgetting to take pictures of your crads, I'm often doing that! Would have loved to see the end result, the instructions look fascinating. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  55. well i hope you have a JAVA good day too!

    hey sunshine! just poppin in to say hi and have a fabulous thanksgiving.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  56. Oh, Carmen, you are fabulous. I just love tea/coffee theme digi's. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love the stack of cups. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Great pic! Thanks for your generosity :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. Finally got around to using this wonderful digi! Thanks so much Carmen!

    http://www.galevarland.blogspot.com/2012/01/do-i-hear-caffeine.html

    :) Gale

    ReplyDelete
  60. Just found your blog, love this image. Thanks so much.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  61. Hi Carmen, i have just found your blog and love the image of the cups...i know this would make fab card for my sis as she is always out for coffee with her friends (lady of lesure!)i have saved your blog on my fav!

    i would love to receive the image of the cups if its still available please.

    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thank you for sharing! I love your cards, and I also barcode in the back, it looks quite cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!