I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Mar 5, 2017

Splish Splash It's a Mermaid Tail

With that Splish Splash Title you'd think there'd be some water around. Instead, can you believe it snowed again today? I was so happy it was just about all gone. I certainly hope that was the last hurrah for snow this season because I know I'm not alone when I say --

"Enough already!"

Ah well, at least it's warm and dry inside. 

My craft interests tend to change every couple of months, but I've stuck with the crochet quite a while this time around. Maybe because we've had such a long bout of snow this year. In any case, I did finally make a Mermaid Tail. It was a request by one of my granddaughters, and I seldom say no. 

Okay -- I never say no.

My other granddaughter saw it today. I may be making another one. This pattern is called 
It's only $4.00 US, on Ravelry. I loved the tail on this one and actually got it as a free pattern around Christmas time when some of the designers were having awesome discounts and freebies. 

This photo is not the best, but you get the just of it. 


I wish I'd taken a photo when my other granddaughter tried it on for size. She's such a cutie! 


Next on the list is a wrap for a lady that needs one of 100% cotton because of allergies. I'm looking forward to starting that one soon. It's nice to get paid for some of my work. I'm also working on some slippers for some family members. I'll probably show them to you some time in the near future. 

Just a reminder that I have a couple of patterns on Ravelry right now for Freezie Holders. Something to keep little fingers from freezing. There's an Owl, a penguin and a Pirate Parrot in one set, and a Mummy, Zombie and Frankenstein in the other set. There's also a free Ninja Freezie holder featured. 

These fit large freezies, and also those yogurt pkgs. My DIL puts the yogurt packs in the freezer and they use the freezie holders for them too because they're a perfect fit. 

One of my testers told me how her granddaughter loved them, but insisted they were finger puppets. Lol. These only take an hour or so to make, so why not make them to play with? 

I have some more designs in mind, so will probably be making more. I'm also looking into making other items for sale, so I guess I'll be doing the crochet a bit longer. Although my fabric stash is calling to me -----stay tuned! 

Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. this is fabulous. Your granddaughter will be over the moon excited.

    some friends and I are starting a new challenge blog that is an all-crafts challenge. It's called, "2 Crafty Critter Crazies". It starts April 1st. http://2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!