Hi, my name is Carmen. Welcome to Beyond The Fringe!

I love sewing, crocheting, paper crafts, drawing, doodling and more. I also like to create digital stamps and sometimes offer vintage graphics, many for free. I am a mom and a grandmother of 8 adorable grandkids whom I love to make things for.

Check out my Etsy Digi Shop!

Please see my Digital Stamps page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps. My Freebies page has a list of the freebies on this blog.

Nov 3, 2012

Ads by DownloadNSave FIX!!

This is just a quick post to tell you what worked for me on the Ads by DownloadNSave.

The ads kept getting worse. They started on my blog, then they were on Youtube...then they made it to my FB profile. It was frustrating at best, but at least I was the only one that had to deal with it as no one else could see them.

To start we ran our anti virus program, our malware pogram and a registry cleaner, but none could find this malicious adware. 

Here's what we did that worked for us...if you're having the same problem, it's worth a try!!

Go into 'settings'
Click on 'extensions' (mine was to the left of the page)
Disable the extension called 'save as'

That's it! 

There are tons of suggestions online, but many of them involved uninstalling and re-installing different browsers or programs. I don't understand it...the fix was so easy in the end.

Anyway, this is what worked for me. I hope I can save someone some frustration by posting this.

BTW, I'm running on Google Chrome...it will be different for other browsers...

Blessings,
Carmen

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the info. I haven't had any ads yet but now I know what to do if I do get any.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a simple fix and that's good news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have them on FB, too, but go into Settings where????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa...I emailed you. :)

      Delete
    2. mine are all over facebook tmeline etc go into settings were ? pls

      Delete
    3. Anonymous, I have no way to get a hold of you other than here, so I hope you check back. The fix that worked for me was on Google Chrome...if you have a different browser, the fix will be different. Lisa runs on IE9 and this fix won't work for her. On Google Chrome click on the 3 horizontal bars at the top right of your page beside the address bar. It'll show a drop box with 'settings' on it. Proceed from there with the instructions above. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  4. the name of this extensions is "AstridTasks" too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!