Hi, my name is Carmen. Welcome to Beyond The Fringe!

I love sewing, crocheting, paper crafts, drawing, doodling and more. I also like to create digital stamps and sometimes offer vintage graphics, many for free. I am a mom and a grandmother of 8 adorable grandkids whom I love to make things for.

Check out my Etsy Digi Shop!

Please see my Digital Stamps page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps. My Freebies page has a list of the freebies on this blog.

Oct 30, 2012

UNAPPROVED ADS!!!

Hello!

There are Ads showing up on my blog that have been put there by "Ads by DownloadsNSave" that I have not approved. They have basically hijacked my blog and are using it to advertise using some sort of plugin. 

I have been scouring the web to figure out how to get rid of them, but have not been successful so far. Apparently it's a problem for others as well. 

It makes me angry that they can do this, because I do not want Ads on my Blog! It makes me even angrier that they are making money from the Ads they feature, and all without my permission!!

The thing is, I don't know if I'm the only one seeing them, or if you can see them too. Please let me know!

I feel so violated.

Until I get this issue sorted, please IGNORE the ads if you see them.

Carmen

15 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie...I am experiencing this on my Facebook page, but not my blog. I don't see any here now though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies! I don't see them anymore either. In searching, I found some info on Java updates possibly causing them, and also Safari. So I uninstalled the last Java update, and also Safari (which I don't use anyway), and that seems to have got rid of them for me. I wondered if I was the only one seeing them! Thanks for letting me know, and I hope you sort it out Jessica!! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh...nope, still there! At least I'm the only one that can see them. Guess this is one for my techie son!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I can not see them.
    sorry for your frustration.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't see them. However, I've been reading about this happening to others and once they added page breaks (ie, "read more" that readers click to take them to the rest of the post) the hijacking stops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would feel as you do too!
    How dare they!!!!
    I don't see them either.
    Hope you sort it al out.
    Lynne from OZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't see any Carmen. It's weird. Good luck with sorting it xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carmen - how totally annoying and frustrating for you! I don't see sny ads either but think it's worth giving Kate's page break suggestion a go....... Hope you get it sorted.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about your trouble, so terrible. I don't see the ads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Carmen,
    I do not see any ads. I also opened an incognito window to check--no ads.
    That sucks. Can you contact the blog company? Did they authorize it?/

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems it's something on my computer (which is new to me), which is the reason only I can see it. My son will have to have a look at it as soon as he can. It's not blogger at all. I'm just happy no one else has to deal with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Carmen
    I don't see any ads.
    -Sony

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband repaired the problem, and here's what he did:
    You have to go into 'settings', click on extensions (to the left on mine), then disable the extension called 'save as'. That should get rid of it. What a relief!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!