I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Sep 27, 2017

Bicycle Pouch

Some time ago I told you about a pouch I was making. Several things (and posts) have happened since then, but today I finally finished it and am posting about it. 

This is a simple little pouch using canvas with heat n bond embellishments and some beading. Cute but effective. I had originally made up steps to make one, but forgot to photograph the last steps, so I'll show you what I do have. 

First the little pouch. 


The inside of the pouch. 


This is where she started out! I cut up some fabric, and fussy cut out a tree trunk and branches.


Then I ironed them onto some heat n bond and cut them out. 

I cut out some canvas and some quilt batting the same size, then using Staz On Ink, I stamped the bicycle onto the canvas. I used a permanent marker to outline the frame of the bike. Then ironed it.

Using the flowery material, I also stamped the bike onto that, cut out the wheels and sewed them on. I went over the tires with the permanent marker. Then ironed it again and sewed a silver bead in the center of each wheel.

I cut out a bunch of the flowers from the fabric and saved them to use on the tree.

Since they already had heat n bond on them, I ironed them in place, then put little beads in the center of each one.

That's where the process ended as far as photos are concerned. I sewed the lining and the outside of the pouch together, adding a zipper. Then I pressed it a bit more since the canvas doesn't lie very flat. That's it! 


And that's the end of my post! 

Blessings everyone! 
Carmen

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous wee pouch Carmen - and thanks for the 'how to'.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your disclaimer for usage of free prints; when I find something that has a Scripture on it , I like to post to my FB page to share with others. It will usually have on the bottom the Web page / name. Can your prints be used in that manner? duenml@comcast.net?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!