I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jun 16, 2017

Quick, Easy Father's Day Cards, Free digi

Father's Day is a mere two days away at this writing and for those of you who haven't made your cards yet, this is the post for you!

I love cards that are easy to make, but look like you've spent a lot of time on them. So without further delay, here are a few cards for you to make. This first one was made using the Bo Bunny's Weekend Market Collection. I used one page out of this pad for this whole card.


One and a half inches were trimmed from the left side of the page to cut out a few circles (using bottle and container caps to make the circles) and then I inked the edges with black ink. They were placed here and there on the page with dbl-sided tape, as you can see above.

Using a permanent fine tip marker, I highlighted the edge of the globe to make it stand out a bit more. the words were made using stickers from the Dollar Store. The words "in the" were done by hand. These were put in place with double sided tape. Done!

This next card went to a Dad that loves the Cinema.


It is a super easy card to make too, using 2 sheets of the paper, some cardstock and the corner stickers from My Stickease, Silhouette Level 1.

Keeping my card base in mind (I just buy the ones from Michaels with the envelopes included), I cut some cardstock to fit inside the card base, and cut the Curtain Call paper to fit inside that. I don't use measurements, but eye it up. It's easier, and no one can tell the difference. Then I put the little corner stickers from the Stickease set in place. I adhered the cardstock together with dbl-sided tape.


I cut out the Charlie Chaplin character and put that on the card with foam tape to give some dimension.

You'll notice the copper on the top left of the card - that's actually a film strip cut-out someone gave me, but most of it is behind the paper. I liked the look so kept it there.

Then I took the frame from the Stickease set and put Letter stickers from the Dollar Store on there. I adhered the left side with dbl-sided tape (to sit on the Charlie Chaplin image) and the right side with foam tape. I had a little metal dancing shoe embellishment that I adhered with a brad. Then I taped the finished card top to the Card base. Done.

Just for fun I'm going to include an old card I made years ago that works well for Father's Day and is super easy to make using the Tie Image from my Etsy Shop.


For this card, I used random papers I had around. Using a bought card base, I measured some black cardstock to fit within 1/4"  of the card. 

I measured the designer paper to within 1/4" around for inside the black cardstock.

Then I ran off the tie image on 4 different pieces of designer paper and fussy cut them out. 

Using the 4 ties as a gauge, I cut a rectangle of paper for the background. I used a bold stripe. Then cut out black cardstock to frame the striped paper. 

On top of the striped paper, I put a piece of self stick mesh I had in my stash. Then adhered the ties on top. 

I used some dew drops as an embellishment. 

Then I adhered it all to the card base. 



A quick and easy Father's Day Card! 

Well, that's three quick Father's Day Cards. I hope these have been a bit of an inspiration. Super easy cards that are quick to make but look classy enough to make them think you really took a lot of time. 

Have a great weekend,
Blessings,
Carmen



2 comments:

  1. What fabulous cards with loads of inspiration, yet not fussy or difficult at all - thanks for sharing
    BLessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maxine! They were fun to make!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!