Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’m always making something here in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Jan 17, 2016

Hey Baby, It's Time For a Shower!

Hey there!

What a fun day I've had today! A bunch of us planned a baby shower for my daughter in law and baby Addison. I'm grateful my other DIL has the space for a party because our house isn't large enough. I made the cupcakes and a Diaper Cake! We also had a bunch of other food - vegies and dip, fruit and cheese, chips and salsa, popcorn, etc.

Instead of doing a traditional baby shower, we opted for an Open House with both guys and girls invited. There was a hockey game on, so there were people upstairs and downstairs. We decided not to have any Baby Shower games or contests (I know for some people that's a lot of fun but our time was limited). Instead, it was just a good time to visit, enjoy the baby and watch Mandy open presents. Laid back and fun! 

For the cupcakes I used recipes from Sally's Baking Addiction that I saved on my "Let's Eat" Pinterest Board. The first batch were Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes, and the second were "Death By Chocolate Cupcakes. Now these were not quick to make, they were a bit of work, but both types of cupcakes were so flavorful.  Really, really tasty. I'm glad I ditched the boxed cupcakes and spent the extra time making these.

I made them ahead of time and froze them; then put frosting on them this morning after thawing them overnight. It was so worth it! YUM-MY!

The BEST Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes: My Favorite Chocolate Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Frosting - chocolate lovers only! Recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com

I wanted to do something a bit different for a diaper cake. I saw this one first....A Carousel Diaper Cake.   It's a youtube video, and I fell in love with it, but then I realized I just didn't have the time. This is an adorable diaper cake, but sooo much work. I thought I'd share it here anyway, because maybe you want to make one some day?  It actually moves!


I did manage to make a Princess Palace Diaper Cake for this party though. A little less work but still adorable. There's tons of these diaper cakes on Google with instructions. Here's some pictures of mine. 
The sign Julie made

The diaper cake before we added little gifts to it. Love the drawbridge.


Left side, Baby Einstein CD's, Bibs, etc.

Right side

Front - cute little finger puppets.

Top Tower

Our little princess! 

She was so well behaved at the party. She slept for most of it. She got some cute little outfits and other beautiful gifts. Definitely spoiled! 

This was my 3rd or 4th diaper cake. Have you ever made a diaper cake? If so, what type? What did you put in it? 

Have a good week everyone! 

Blessings, 
Carmen

5 comments:

  1. What a fun time! I've only made the treditional diaper cake--it was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your palace diaper cake. How perfect for your little princess.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful baby and I really like your diaper castle. It looks like it took a lot of time to me. Cupcakes! It would be so hard to choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , Diane! The diaper cake took a few hours to assemble and decorate, but it was worth it!!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!