I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jan 11, 2015

Who Likes Giraffe's?

If you live where I do, you have been seeing a whole lot of snow lately! We had at least 3 feet of snow in front of our home. It started up a week ago last Saturday night and didn't stop until Tuesday after midnight sometime. There was a mountain of snow in my front yard because that's where the 'plow guy' dumped the snow from out of our cul-de-sac.

Ya, thanks for that!

Was I annoyed? Well, not really. He didn't leave too much in front of the driveway so we could still get out if we wanted to plow snow with our cars until we reached an arterial road. (It kept snowing, so the plowing helped, but only so much).

Was I concerned? Well, a little. We were expecting freezing rain and then sun. I thought we might need a boat, or an inflatable should we choose to go for a walk float, or perhaps some skates to slide on the ice. 

Anyway, that's not why I'm here with you today. I wanted to show you the Pouch I made for my sister. Her birthday is coming up, and although we don't exchange gifts anymore, I thought she might like one of these. She loves giraffe's so much she wears one on her shoulder, so that was the fabric theme of this bag. (She doesn't actually wear a giraffe ~ it's a large Giraffe Tattoo).


Here it is with the zippered pockets open. Some more animal print and some color inside for interest.

The closed bag. I love the handles and the little taggy thing I made. See how Giraffe-y it looks?


I thought I'd show you a couple of photos of the bag before it was all put together. Now that I have the techniques down, they're lots of fun to make.




The tags were done up on Quick Fuse Iron on Fabric Sheets. Be warned though --these things cost a small fortune. I think they were $13 for 3 sheets (are you kidding me??). So, I used a 40% off coupon. Still too much in my books, but a worthy sacrifice. I love my little tags.


(In case you're wondering, I still haven't made myself one--a Sew Together Bag, that is. Gotta get onto that.)

Since I was snowed in I cleaned up the house, made a turkey dinner, worked on this Pouch and did some doodling. I used to love doodling when I was young, and there's so many sites with good ideas on doodles that I played around a bit. I hope to make something nice soon. 

I'm really into graph paper too for some reason. Don't ask me why. Sometimes I just don't make sense.



I think that's my car under that snow. I've been looking for that. I have to make a trip to Katja's Quilt Shop in Valleyview. She has that fabulous newsprint fabric. Love it. 


Have a good week!

Blessings,
Carmen

1 comment:

  1. Oh--don't want that much snow! I might want one day of it,but only because it is a rare occasion and makes it fun. I LOVE the pouches you are making! Have a great day and stay warm and safe if you go out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!