I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Nov 14, 2014

Chilly Kitty!

Baby It's Cold Outside!!

As it turns out, we have a lot of Birthdays close to Christmas time. I surprised myself when we did our first bit of Christmas shopping yesterday. That's got to be a record! Yes, Christmas is just around the corner and closing in on us, but first I still have a few other projects to finish --

So hold on Christmas!! 

Does anyone relate to that sentiment? 

I've been working on some Hello Kitty Headbands for my granddaughter's birthday, which is next week. These are quite adorable and I think they'll be cute on her and her friends. I have seen several on the internet, but none with instructions. 


I bought the felt from our local Fabricland, which was cheaper than buying the individual felt sheets, and it's nicer thicker felt.

The Hello Kitty ears were a 5 x 2 inch rectangle which I rounded into a pointy oval. 

The Bows were a 4 x 2 inch rectangle on which I rounded the corners to make a boxed circle.

The Bow bands were 1/2 x 2 1/4 inch.

I bought the hair bands at the dollar store. 

Here's a photo of the ear placement. I just glued the ears with kids glue onto the headbands and held them in place for a bit. 


I took a bit of thread, made a few bends in the center of the bows and then sewed them into place. It was quick and easy. Then I sewed the little band around it with a few stitches. 

I stitched the bows onto the front of the right ear once the glue was good and dry.

And here is the finished project:

I made six in total and I think they'll look adorable on those sweet little 4 year old girlies!

Have a good day! 

Blessings,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!